Oh, you know...

A little bit of this and a little bit of that in my rollercoaster of a life.

Monday, July 9, 2007

huh...

Can someone tell me why I'm stuck at work for another hour and both of my bosses have left? That's neither here nor there, so...

Friday night, a handful of friends and I trekked out to the suburbs to go to a nightclub that plays country music for one of their birthdays. It had been kind of a crazy week with the holiday and, even though I had a half-day on Friday, I had not taken a nap, so those things might have hurt me later in the night. But it started off well enough. I liked what I was wearing and was comfortable, despite the freaking humidity. We arrived at the club at the same time as another part of our contingent and went inside. Beer pulls were 50 cents for five more minutes, so I decided to grab two. We found a table, took in our various alcoholic beverages and watched the dancers, who always surprise me with their talent, whirling and swirling around the floor for slow songs and tearing it up with fierce line dances I will never attempt to learn during faster paced songs. Another contingent of friends arrived and we got our dance on. The male contingent arrived and it was a good time and all was going well. The friend with the birthday left, along with some others, leaving five of us. I'd had a couple Long Islands in addition to the earlier beer. When a friend of another friend's boyfriend brought my roommate a second free drink, I think that's what put me over the edge.

I don't know what got into me. I'm not a big crier, period, let alone do I ever become overcome with emotion in public, but my eyes started welling up and I just couldn't stop myself (believe me, I tried). I decided I had to move to the bathroom to do this, so I did, where I sat for, I bet, half an hour at least just bawling my eyes out and trying to reason with myself that this should stop, but just so frustrated and fed up with guys and my lack of virtually ever getting any attention from them and my not having a boyfriend and all that crap. After awhile, I wished someone would come looking for me, but I didn't quite want to go that far. I walked back to our table and decided I had to text my sister, who I felt was absolutely the only person I would be able to relate to. Unfortunately, I knew she would have crappy service at best over the weekend, so I wouldn't actually get to talk to her. I started to crack up again, but luckily I was able to pull myself together. After awhile I headed back out to dance a bit more before close and that seemed to shake everything out of my system. When we were in the car, I told my roommate what had happened and she was a little consolatory, but she mostly brushed off what I was saying. I don't think she knows what to do with me, which is fair because even I don't know what to do with me. I do not like feeling that way, so jealous. I don't want those guys anyway, I'm trying to brainwash myself into thinking.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home