Oh, you know...

A little bit of this and a little bit of that in my rollercoaster of a life.

Tuesday, January 2, 2007

um, adulthood?

So, I've unofficially decided that the worst part about being an independent adult (hahahahaha...I guess that's what I am, but I so don't feel like it) is having to be my own advocate. No one else is watching out for me. I have to make those scary phone calls to insurance companies and doctor's offices to straighten out their mistakes myself. I have to KNOW I have enough money in the bank to pay the month's bills or find a way to get more when I don't. I have to understand how my car works and ways I can make it happy so I don't have to pay a mechanic to tell me I've roasted the thing because I didn't change the oil often enough. I hate doing those things, mostly because I feel like I either don't have enough knowledge about things or can't stand up for myself properly and make a good argument or that I have to rely on other people. I really don't like the idea of my long-term fate being in the hands of others. Not that I dislike being an independent adult...it definitely has its perks. There are just some things I could do without.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home